Why should I do integrity testing?
Integrity Testing is a preventative field test used to identify microscopic cracks and material fatigue before they develop into harmful leaks. Ideal for plate heat exchangers and shell and tube models.
- Unit does not need to be fully-drained, some remaining water will not affect test results
- No need to open plate packs
- Can be used on hard-to-access units
- Precision sensors pick up any discharge of gas in as little as 15 minutes per section
- No cleaning or other post-test procedures needed
- The 5-10% hydrogen-nitrogen mix reveals flaws smaller than liquid can permeate
- The mixture has a lower probability of false positives than other tracer gases
- Automated detection system minimizes possibility of user error
- Can identify type of flaw: micro-crack, corrosion, gasket failure, etc. anywhere within your unit
- The 5-10% hydrogen-nitrogen mix is non-toxic, non-flammable, and approved for food industry use
- Does not stress or corrode plates or gaskets
Product Literature >
- No helium needed (helium is a scarce, non-renewable energy source)
- Uses hydrogen and nitrogen which are sustainable, non-scarce resources which can be used without environmental harm